jeudi 25 juin 2009

Scottish Fish & Chips

I spent the last week in Scotland visiting my family and didn't get much chance to cook but did
get to sample many different Scottish specialties. My family thinks the best fish and chips come from a "chippy" or chip shop that specializes in fish and chips rather than other types of restaurants.

On Tuesday, we went to the Pavillion Cafe* in Troon for our fish supper. The restaurant / chippy was recently renovated and the decor is basic and very clean. The place does a brisk business both inside and for take out so everything is very fresh.


This was one of the best fish & chips that I have tasted. The fish batter was light and crispy and neither the fish nor the chips were greasy. As you can see, I have dressed the chips Canadian style with ketchup rather than with the traditional brown sauce or vinegar.

* Pavillion Cafe
27 Templehill, Troon, Ayrshire KA10 6BQ
Telephone: +44 (0)1292 311766

1 commentaire:

Helen McGinn a dit…

Oh heck, I'm on a diet and now I want this for my tea! I've been there and they make a wonderful fish supper. You lucky thing. x