dimanche 27 septembre 2009

Mediterranean Pizza

The Marché Saxe-Breteuil is my favourite marché in Paris. It is in the 7é arrondissement near UNESCO and l’école militaire. On my last trip there I bought tomates confits (sun-blushed tomatoes), artichoke and some of my favourite Kalamata olives. I also bought cheese, Pélardon des Cévennes aux garrigues chèvre fermier (AOC). This is a small soft-ripened goat’s cheese from the Languedoc region in the south of France.
These ingredients gave me the idea to throw together this Mediterranean Pizza.

I sliced the artichoke and sun blushed tomatoes, chopped the olives and scattered them over homemade dough (recipe can be found in Feb 2008 archive). I cut the cheese into small chunks and placed it on top with some fresh basil. Popped it into the preheated 200°C (390°F) oven for about 12 minutes.

Aucun commentaire: